Countdown

16 December, 2005

I’m going to the Bronco’s game in Buffalo (Orchard Park) tomorrow night (8pm on ESPN), so I decided to drop a couple of football takes.. Let me start with the Bills… where to start? There too many open shots to take at them..

Let me preface this rant by saying I am not a Bills fan.. the only team I like less than the Bills would be the ‘Boys in Dallas.

Having said that, let me start with their soon to be ex-#1 receiver Eric Moulds. After a dispute with an assistant coach during the Miami game 2 weeks ago, he was benched for the Patriots game. It looks like he will be in the lineup Saturday for the Bronco’s game, but it will likely be his last game in Buffalo’s red white and blue in Riche Stadium. What colors will he be wearing next year? My guess? Philly. It is painfully obvious TO won’t be there next year and they will be looking for a solid receiver. Where will TO go? A couple of possibilities, Dallas or Denver, but who knows.

Who is going to make it to the Superbowl? From the AFC, it looks tough to pick against the Colts. On the other hand, Denver looks tough. My picks as play-off teams include, New England, Indy, Cincy and Denver to win their respective division with the Chargers and the Steelers to snag the wild card. Over to the NFC, it still looks like anyone’s game. My picks (which I reserve the right to change.. ) are Giants, Bears, Bucks and Seahawks to get in as division champs and Carolina and the Vike’s to steal the wild cards. With 3 games to play, the second bye is still up for grabs.

Let me skip right to the championship games. Indy to sneak past the Broncos, on the AFC side. On the NFC side, I’m going with the Giants to go back to the site of Jay Feeley’s worst game of the season and make amends over the Seahawks. Who will take home the Vince Lombardi trophy? My pick is the 18-1 Colts.

No comments: